Thursday, March 1, 2012

Report Card Comments


We are just nearing the end of 3rd quarter which means two things.  Number one: we are even THAT much closer to summer break.  Number two: I have to write report card comments.  BOOOOO!!!   
I always have the hardest time writing them!  I like to give myself a good couple of weeks to think about them and make sure they’re precise and accurate.  
Another thing about report card comments that’s tricky for me is we have a limited amount of space to write our comments and, if you’ve been following my blog, you know that I take a lot of words to get my point across.

And then there’s the difficulty with saying harsh things in a nice way.  Like, how do I tell little Billy’s parents that he just won’t shut up!!!  It usually takes a while but sounds something like this: I'm glad Billy is eager to participate in class discussions, but he needs to raise his hand when he has something to say.
Luckily, I’m not on my own here.  I have a few “go to” websites to help me when my wording isn’t very kind.  Check them out here:

No comments:

Post a Comment