Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Utilizing Parent Helpers


Fortunately at our school we have many parents who love helping (or sometimes spying) in the classroom. Because I teach older kiddos, I really don’t need much parent help with centers or reading groups.  

I know that I will always have a group of mommies begging to help out in some way or another, so this is how I appease them.  At our Back to School Night meeting during the first week of school, I put out a sign up sheet with the following categories I need help with.  These are the categories:
  • Photographer (2 needed): Parents needed to be our paparazzi for special events like assemblies, class parties, etc.
  • Scholastic Book Order Coordinator:  Parent needed to assist in placing online book orders, and sorting orders when shipments arrive.
  • Party Planner (4 needed):  Parents needed to help plan parties for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day, and 49er Day
  • Enrichment Assistant:  Parents needed to accompany our class to an enrichment class to assist the teacher.  Enrichment classes are art, library, P.E., music, and computers.
  • Paper Filer:  Parent needed to come on Fridays at 10:00 am to help file students’ work into their folders.

Visit the following sites for more ways to use parent helpers.

No comments:

Post a Comment