Sunday, April 1, 2012

Test-Taking Strategies for Students


We are nearing our standardized testing.  I don’t know about you, but many of my students get really stressed at testing time.  Here are a few tips I share with my kiddos to help ease test anxiety:
  • Pray –  I work at a Christian school, so I encourage students to spend time talking to God and asking for Him to calm their nerves. 
  • Practice Positive Self-Talk – Telling yourself “I can do this” and “I am smart” are ways to help boost confidence during test taking.
  • Take calm, deep breaths
  • Believe you can do well
  • Be prepared – have all the supplies you need readily at your desk
  • Don’t let yourself get distracted
Hopefully this will help your anxiety-filled students to perform at their best.  Happy standardized testing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment