Sunday, May 6, 2012

End of the School Year Activity



As we are nearing the last few weeks of school, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite end of the school year activities I like to do with my kiddos.  I like to give out "Silly Awards."  (On a side note, I teach 4th graders so none of the awards would insult or embarrass them).
Each student receives a Silly Award and they are, indeed, just that. I think of something silly each student has done and they get an award for it. It usually involves some kind of inside joke from my class. For example, I'm going to give out the "tiniest homework paper" award to a student who likes to complete her spelling homework on a notecard.  
This is just a fun way for us to reminisce about the school year and have some laughs while doing it. 


To read more ideas, go to The Resourceful Teacher homepage.
The Resourceful Teacher Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment